Hit counter in Python and PIL - Check it out!

Bernhard Reiter breiter at usf.Uni-Osnabrueck.DE
Tue Mar 14 09:21:07 EST 2000

In article <pwzNOCawy2l2G3HwlpltkJpwsM9A at 4ax.com>,
	Anders M Eriksson <anders.eriksson at morateknikutveckling.se> writes:
> On 13 Mar 2000 11:43:44 GMT, breiter at usf.Uni-Osnabrueck.DE (Bernhard
> Reiter) wrote:

>>Hit buttons are the blunt knife for webstats. Very unusable. :)
> Ahhhh.. At last an Opinion ;-)

You are welcome.
I tend to not read code of application which are useless in the first place.

> Ok I agree that it's a blunt way for getting webstats. The point I was
> making was that this is my first CGI script that I got working  and I
> was interested in if the 'gurus' could find some idiotic programming
> code in the script. So that I can improve my skills!
>
> Maybe I shall try to create a webstat script. Do you have any
> suggestions on what kind of stat I should keep? Maybe also how I find
> the values in the first place (HTTP headers come to mind)

Is is quite hard to top current web statist program. (E.g. analog)
And even then webstat are still not as valuable as people might think.

Only general notes: People know your cgi-bin is a python program because of
the suffix. You are creating gif images, serious people create png. :)
You did not use the Docstring in function CreateImage().

	Bernhard
The FreeGIS Project				            (freegis.org)