python for webstar

Just van Rossum just at letterror.com
Thu Mar 30 05:50:08 EST 2000

At 10:20 AM -0600 29-03-2000, Matthew Barre wrote:
>I've been looking for a solution to use Python in WebStar for MacOS. I did a
>search, but didn't come up with anything. I'm considering seeing if I can
>write a simple plugin for it, but I don't want to re-invent the wheel. I'm
>hoping that I can base it off the MacPerl plugin which appears simply to
>relay the information from the server to the MacPerl app/runtime. Has anyone
>else already done this? Any tips? Anyone interested in helping with such a
>project (I'm a newbie to programming)?

Excellent! You're lucky: I've written some WebStar support tools last
weekend, and although there still are some limitations left to solve, it
appears to work pretty well. I'll send you my stuff in a separate email.
However, please also check the archives from the pythonmac-sig, since we
had quite some Mac CGI discussions over the last two weeks. You may also
subscribe to that list if you wish: