Cookies and Python

Newhard, Nick nnewhard at origin.ea.com
Tue Mar 7 11:32:32 EST 2000

Tim, Thanks for the help!

>> The problem is, the cookie never seems to get saved between browser
sessions

>That's because you never send it back to the client browser.  You need
>to send the cookie value in the headers.  This means you should send
>the cookie value IMMEDIATELY following the "Content-Type:" header.

Got it.  So the cookie has to be part of the header stuff, not just any part
of the HTML doc.  Makes sense.  I am enlightened.

The skeleton almost worked.  form["username"] can't be passed as a parameter
to ck.get() if it doesn't exist  (raises KeyError), so I added a second
(redundant) check.  It would be great if CGI forms supported get() as
well...perhaps in 1.6?

#...
    username = ck.get("username", form["username"]).value
#...

Regards,
Nick