do-while loop?

Magnus Lie Hetland mlh at idi.ntnu.no
Thu Mar 30 07:51:01 EST 2000

Remco Gerlich <scarblac-spamtrap at pino.selwerd.nl> wrote in message
news:slrn8dt7vk.vua.scarblac-spamtrap at flits104-37.flits.rug.nl...
> Tom Funk wrote in comp.lang.python:
> > In fact, as long as you brought it up, I've been thinking about writing
> > remote command line interface utility to assist me with some
> > administration on a remote site. Something where commands execute "over
> > there" but the output and UI are "over here."  Kind of like Knowbots,
but
> > *way* more simple.
> >
> > Seen anything like that?
>
> Telnet?
>

> *hides*

Hey - no need to hide... Telnet seems to be just the thing :)
You would only have to make a simple SocketServer and off you go...
If you want it secure, however, ssh is probably a more appropriate protocol,
but then making a server is a lot worse... Assuming that the program is
running
on a platform without an ssh server or a shell, and that you would like to
connect
to the program directly via ssh - it would be nice with a Python-based
server...
Preferrably with a simple plugin-interface... Oh, well...

--

  Magnus
  Lie