Numerical Python and Distutils

Marc Poinot poinot at onera.fr
Mon Mar 6 03:46:42 EST 2000

Matthew Hirsch wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I want to use the numerical python module.  But before I do, it says
> that I should install the Distutils from
> http://www.python.org/sigs/distutils-sig/distutils.html
>
> I tried installing it like it says, but I get a bunch of errors during
> the installation.  Do the setup files have to be in a particular
> directory?  I'm running python 1.5.1 and red hat linux.  Is there
> something I'm not doing?

I also tested it a week ago, on SGI, I didn't have a single problem.
Morevoer, I could use it on seperate installations (ABI64 and ABI32).

[1] Did you find out what is the default Python searched in your path?
[2] Is this default installation correct? (libs, headers...)

Marcvs [alias What kind of errors, missing files, access rights ?]