colostomy

Alex alex at somewhere.round.here
Sat Mar 25 19:49:03 EST 2000

Hi, Dirck.

What editor do you use?  I have something for emacs that automatically
checks a python program for syntax errors, and moves the cursor to where
they are happening.  Let me know if you're interested, and I'll post it.

It just occured to me that maybe with a small change it could safely fix
the colon error you are talking about automatically, too.

For the multiline comments, you can use triple-quoted strings even
outside the docstrings.

def example ():
    do_something ()
    '''A multiline comment