Stackless/microthreads merge news

Martijn Faassen m.faassen at vet.uu.nl
Sun Mar 12 13:40:36 EST 2000

Fredrik Lundh <effbot at telia.com> wrote:
> personally, I hope that microthreads will be stackless
> Python's true killer app, and that we will see a merge
> in 1.7.  but that's me ;-)

<metoo>
I hope so too. :)
</metoo>

Anyway, this was exactly what Christian Tismer and Tim Peters were talking
about in a while back. Christian realized that the best way to push stackless
was not talking about all kinds of features that people like Martijn don't
grok without their brains exploding, but to include features that people like
Martijn would understand and want, like microthreads. That way all these
Martijns would call the PSU and say "Get me stackless, now!". And then of
course that would happen.

Regards,

Martijn