socket.connect() and socket.bind() change

Donn Cave donn at u.washington.edu
Wed Mar 29 16:43:47 EST 2000

Quoth nascheme at enme.ucalgary.ca (Neil Schemenauer):
| I think this change is going to break a lot of code.  The example
| in the documentation used to use:
|
|     s.bind(host, port)
|
| and
|
|     s.connect(host, port)
|
| Unlike the append() change I would consider this to be changing a
| documented interface.  All of my socket code will be broken by
| this change.  Anyone else?

Not me, I seem to have missed that version of the document - the
1.4 and 1.5 library references say bind(address) and connect(address),
and that's all I have at hand at the moment.

But it looks like a couple of distribution library modules, ftplib and
gopherlib, use 2 arguments as above, so it's not just you.

	donn at u.washington.edu