A python program as a Win "Service" or Unix "Daemon"?

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Thu Mar 16 17:00:13 EST 2000

Note that with the win32all extensions, you can write a "native"
service - one that has full access to the NT service facilities.
srvany doesnt give the same level of control (not that you may need it
of course :-)

Mark.

"Mike Steed" <MSteed at altiris.com> wrote in message
news:65118AEEFF5AD3118E8300508B124877073DD8 at webmail.altiris.com...
> On the Windows service side, you can use srvany from the NT Resource
Kit to
> run an arbitrary program as a service.  I have successfully run
Python