Some bugs in Pythonwin b.128

Neil Hodgson neilh at hare.net.au
Tue Mar 28 18:59:17 EST 2000

> I want to have keywords highlited in orange color, like in IDLE.
> But it is impossible, because I can choose only from 16 basic colors.
> I know that this is rather a Scintilla limitation.

   This is a limitation of the increasingly crowded Format dialog. We have
looked at producing a better UI to style choice, but to avoid work it is
likely to come as a series of small patches.

   To get the orange effect you want you can munge the registry. In release
129, the information is at:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Python\Python for Win32\Format
but may be located at a different place with older versions.
   Within this key, the "Keyword" value contains the styling data for
keywords. The last element in the tuple is the colour expressed in decimal,
and just to make things more fun its in BGR format. So to make this orange
pick a nice orange colour. I like #FF8000 which in BGR become 0080FF which
is decimal 33023.
   First close Pythonwin.
   Double click on KeyWord in RegEdit and change last number so it looks
like:
      (0, 1, 200, 0, 33023)
   Restart Pythonwin and your keywords should be orange.

   Neil