learning python cgi

Boudewijn Rempt boud at rempt.xs4all.nl
Sat Mar 25 07:52:23 EST 2000

Matthew Barre <mbarre at mac.com> wrote:
> What book/webpage/tutorial is the best way to learn how to use Python as a
> cgi tool? I don't know anything about cgi and am just getting the hang of
> Python. O'Reilly has a book on cgi programming, but I leafed through it and
> all the examples and discussion I saw was on perl. Any suggestions?

When I started out with Python, the first things I wrote were CGI
scripts, too. Actually, the first script was a straight translation
of a Pascal CGI script I had written. If you'd like to look at the
scripts, go to:

http://www.valdyas.org/python/index.html.

At the time I thought CGI made an easy alternative for a gui, and,
to a certain measure, I still feel I was right. It took all of
two evenings to make a working script. And that includes an
interface to MySQL...

--

Boudewijn Rempt  | http://www.valdyas.org