Multi-argument append() is illegal

Hrvoje Niksic hniksic at iskon.hr
Mon Mar 27 03:51:33 EST 2000

Toby Dickenson <mbel44 at dial.pipex.net> writes:

> Is there a complete list of every method that has been fixed by this
> patch? Im now having nightmares about _every_ variable-paramater-list.
>
> In particular,
>
> Python 1.5.2 (#0, Oct 11 1999, 09:59:20) [MSC 32 bit (Intel)] on win32
> Copyright 1991-1995 Stichting Mathematisch Centrum, Amsterdam
> 5
> 5
>
> That one even looked like a bug what I first saw it, which I cant
> say about list.append.

On the contrary, this one documented and thus a feature:

`max(s[, args...])'
     With a single argument S, return the largest item of a non-empty
     sequence (e.g., a string, tuple or list).  With more than one
     argument, return the largest of the arguments.

Not that I like it.  I hate it when somebody complexifies a function
because he was too lazy to call `apply'.