config'in apache for python

Patrick Phalen python-list at teleo.net
Fri Mar 10 16:46:17 EST 2000

[Matthew Barre, on Fri, 10 Mar 2000]

:: Yes I'm trying to make it so that when I refer to a cgi script in my cgi bin
:: the script is executed instead of being just printed to the browser.
::
:: The scripts reside in the cgi-bin directory that apache creates when it is
:: installed. I have also created a cgi-bin on a user account and added the
:: appropriate lines to access.conf, httpd.conf, and srm.conf to what I would
:: think would allow scripts to be executed. Frustratingly the scripts don't
:: run from either location.

Did you turn on the executable bit on your scripts?