Mail and web retrieval imaplib, rfc822?

Matthew Barre mbarre at mac.com
Wed Mar 22 00:51:13 EST 2000

rfc822 is pretty easy to use...here's an example of how I did it in my
current project, and thanks to those of you who helped! (I've assumed you
have downloaded the message and assigned it to a StringIO object, since your
input object has to be something similar) :

tempmsg2 = rfc822.Message(tempmsg1)  # create new rfc object from StringIO
tmpmsg3 = inemsg(tempmsg2)  # assign rfc message to custom inemsg class

class inemsg:
    def __init__(self,msg):
        (self.msgfromname, self.msgfrom) = msg.getaddr('from')
        self.msgto = msg.getaddr('to')
        self.msgsubject = msg.getheader('subject')
        self.msgdate = msg.getheader('date')
        self.msgtext = msg.fp.read()

-Matt
---------
"You will find that many of the truths we hold to depend greatly on a
certain point of view." -Obi Wan Kenobi