Getting a list of ALL functions in a class

Eric Hopper eric.hopper at ebenx.com
Thu Mar 9 18:12:07 EST 2000

I want to get a dictionary of all functions accessible in a class.
Doing <class>.__dict__ only gets me the functions defined in that class,
not any of it's base classes.

Is there a way to do this simply, or do I have to use __base__ to write
my own scanner?

I'm doing this because I have a set of thunking objects that are created
on the fly that make it look as if a set of methods on an instance are
actually a set of functions in the global namespace of a module.  I want
to do this because I'm setting up a sort of mini-syntax so people can
use Python for quickly writing particular kinds of programs.

Thanks,
--Eric Hopper