PythoWin problem

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Tue Mar 21 13:38:27 EST 2000

In article <1258785627-16547413 at hypernet.com>,
gmcm at hypernet.com wrote:
> Mikhail Terekhov wrote:

> > and when I select any file to open I'm getting error box
> > "Filed to open document!". There were no such a problem
> > with b125 I've used before. Am I missing something
> > obvious?

This is normally accompanied with a traceback in the interactive window.

> Build 128 works fine for me. Did you de-install b125, or install
> over it? If the latter, you should probably de-install 128, and
> (try) de-installing 125. That will probably fail, so be prepared to
> clean up the directories. Then try 128 again.

The win32all builds offer to uninstall the old version for you.  I
can't remember if they insist, tho.

> Also, Mark writes a log file when there are start up problems.
> Can't recall where it shows up, though.

Actually, this is no longer true.  Since about 125 or so, all
tracebacks that would have previously been written to a log are now
displayed in a dialog box.  However, these are restricted to errors
when Pythonwin is starting up, which usually means there is not yet an
interactive window to which the error can be printed.  Once Pythonwin
has actually started it will not display a dialog or write a log - all
errors simply go to the interactive window...

Mark.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.