Accessing secondary COM interface with win32com

D. Ellis dellis_moreinc at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 15 14:21:20 EST 2000

I'm new to python, but it seems very cool.  I want to use it to help test a
Windows application I'm working on. I'm trying to use win32com to test a COM
server (written in C++).  I can easily create instances of objects via
pythoncom.new() and win32com.client.Dispatch(), but for some of these
objects I need to use multiple COM interfaces.  What is the correct way to
use multiple interfaces on these objects?  How do I refer to the IID
symbolically (instead of literally)?  They seem to be buried in the module
generated by makepy and stored as the values (instead of keys) in a
dictionary used (internally, I presume) by win32com.client.CLSIDToClass.  I
just want to be able to access these classes or IIDs in my program.

Any help is greatly appreciated.