what is easier to learn first?...

kgec at my-deja.com kgec at my-deja.com
Tue Mar 21 10:55:33 EST 2000

In article <XUDB4.2253$nI2.45719 at ptah.visi.com>,
nobody at nowhere.nohow (Grant Edwards) wrote:

> After learning Python, I would recommend Scheme, Modula-3, or
> Smalltalk.

I'd be interested in your reasons for recommending Scheme.

I'm not disagreeing with you, but I found Scheme awfully frustrating.
Part of the reason, no doubt, was that I'd been working with imperative
languages of one sort or another since the 1960s. Is your thinking that
the original poster should get some experience with functional
languages before he begins to develop programming habits and
preferences?

Tommy

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.