Does Guido Have A Will? (The legal kind <wink>)

Tim Peters tim_one at email.msn.com
Wed Mar 22 00:41:39 EST 2000

[Don Tuttle]
> If Guido where to drop dead tomorrow, God forbid, who would control (own)
> Python?  I would guess Tim Peters would be a likely candidate. ...

No, sorry, but I *already* own Python.  I employ Guido as a front man,
because it's apparently much easier for people to relate to a Dutch geek
than a bot geek.  Personally, I have a hard time telling the species
apart -- but the customer is always right (oh yes! whitespace sucks too --
but only when that's what you want to hear <wink>).

[Cameron Laird]
> I can't bring myself to invest any emotional
> energy in even speculating about such a par-
> ticular.  Guido's a good man, and, among much
> else, he should have the freedom to move on
> from Python without abandoning everything else
> from this realm.

Curiously, I had occasion to ask Guido about this very recently:  he is in
fact not at all tired of Python yet, and, to the contrary, seems to intend
intensifying his death grip on the language.  Coming soon to a theater near
you:  Guido van Rossum *is* Python.

> The general question, though, is one of at
> least mild interest.

This is heresy.  The remainder of this msg has been excised from the
records.  Guido will not die.  But, if he does, Larry Wall has graciously
volunteered to add a few improvements <wink>.

$python-ly y'rs  - tim