req: OO SQL gen module?

Greg Wilson gvwilson at nevex.com
Sun Mar 5 09:46:27 EST 2000

[apologies if this is a repeated post --- ISP problems]

I am looking for a module that does for SQL what Perl's CGI.pm, Python's
HTMLgen, and DOM libraries in various languages do for HTML and XML.  Right
now, both Perl and Python require me to manipulate SQL at the string level.
Tools like CGI.pm, HTMLgen, and DOM, on the other hand, let me manipulate
trees at the semantic level, and then translate the tree structure into text
when necessary. This seems like the right way to build, store, and
manipulate SQL queries.

If anyone has done something like this (in any language), I'd be grateful
for pointers or references. Please mail me directly (gvwilson at nevex dot
com), as I am not a regular reader of all of these groups.

Thanks,
Greg