Is it Python or is it C ?

Don Tuttle tuttledon at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 8 08:49:28 EST 2000

"Rod Haper" <
> Have you tried posing the question direction to Grayson via the Manning
> website

No.  Although I may have made my question a little to open ended, I'm
looking for a peer review on the concept --"With a little care in the way
you design your code, most of your code will run as compiled C..."

If there is a way to optimize Python, short of memorizing it's source code
and/or years of trial and error, someone should have their next book
project! (I'll buy it!)  And I say this as someone who doesn't have enough
Python experience to know if this is a true statement or not.

So, is there a way to design Python code, short of memorizing it's source
code and/or years of trial and error, that will make most of the code will
run as compiled C? And if so, where do I find it and how much is it gonna
cost me<wink>?

Don