Most common #! format

Thomas A. Bryan tbryan at python.net
Thu Mar 2 21:47:28 EST 2000

Patrick Phalen wrote:
> Why not pack this in liquid nitrogen and fire it off
> straightaway to the FAQ maintainer? (GvR? Thomas Bryan?)
>
> BTW, who *does* maintain the FAQ? There's no attribution.

Wow.  It's pretty scary to see my name right there with GvR!

The FAQ Wizard permits all members of the PSA to edit any
entry in the FAQ.  Thus, when one of us gets sick of answering
a question or spots a mistake in the FAQ, we can update the
FAQ.

By the way, the FAQ Wizard is distributed with Python (in the
Tools directory, I think), and you can use it in your own
projects.  With a large and active user community, it turns a
FAQ into a frequently-updated but low-maintenance document.

By the way, you're original question is already answered
fairly well by item 4.63 of the FAQ.

just-another-documentation-freak-ly yours
---Tom