statvfs?

Uwe Weber uwe.weber at mail.privat.kkf.net
Mon Mar 27 20:39:43 EST 2000

Am Mon, 27 Mar 2000 22:52:37 GMT schrieb Fredrik Lundh <effbot at telia.com>:
>Uwe Weber <uwe.weber at mail.privat.kkf.net> wrote:

>> Unlikely. Statvfs is part of gnu libc.
>
>which version?

rpm -qf /usr/include/sys/statvfs.h -> libc-2.1.2-24

>it's not available on my rather oldish RedHat box, and
>others have reported similar problems on various Linux
>boxes...
>
>> os.statvfs works fine on  my SuSe-Linux box.
>
>which version?  are you using a stock Python 1.5.2 and
>a stock Suse 6.3?  did you build Python from source code?

SuSe 6.3. The original poster should install the libc package
from the devolepment section. I have no idea wether it is
included in one of Suses' prepackaged installations.

Python is the rpm-binary from the CD. But I installed the source
and tried ./configure|grep statvfs.

checking for fstatvfs... yes
checking for statvfs... yes

Regards,