Python / Education / Logo / Resources

Greg Wilson gvwilson at nevex.com
Fri Mar 10 08:42:07 EST 2000

If you are interested in teaching programming to beginners, of any age, in
any language, I strongly recommend that you check out Brian Harvey's
"Computer Science Logo Style" (MIT Press, 3 volumes). They are exceptionally
clear, very well organized (Harvey has been teaching introductory computing
at Berkeley for the past twenty years), and are challenging without being
intimidating.  Maybe if we ask nicely, he'll do a Python version... :-)

Greg Wilson
(who writes book reviews for "Doctor Dobb's Journal")