Need Help Re:PATH

Snoopy :-)) genius at idirect.com
Mon Mar 20 16:53:00 EST 2000

Thanks for the help Randall. I couldn't reply earlier since I was away
and just saw your message about an hour ago.

Both you and Gregg sure made my day. Since I finally got it. My mistake
was not placing the "export" before the PYTHONPATH in the
".bash_profile".
What caused me to make this mistake was, In the "bash_profile" I
observed the default entry regarding the "PATH" variable and the
"export" is not placed before so I assumed, that it shouldn't be placed
before the "PYTHONPATH" either.

Regarding your reference to the ~/.bashrc.  I did look it this as well;
but the comments seem to indicate, that the PATH variables should be
placed in the ~/.bash_profile. Anyway everything seem to be working
finally.  I sure have a long way to go yet, both in Linux as well as in
Python.
BTY. I also made an adjustment in my Mailer as you advised.
Once again thanks for the help and interest.
Best regards
Charles