Printer support questions

Kent Polk kent at tiamat.goathill.org
Wed Mar 22 14:49:58 EST 2000

I need to get some modules I wrote running on some lab macs. They
need to be able to print to a printer and I have absolutely no idea
about how one prints to a mac printer from Python and haven't
located any information on it in any of the (Mac)Python documentation.

1) How does one access a mac printer from Python?

2) I wrote a dumb little tkinter PrinterDialog Class that I use
with several unix-based modules for selecting print filter/output
file. Hey, I know next to nothing about Tk/tkinter and I know there
has to be a much better way of handiing this stuff.  Might anyone
have a decent PrinterDialog module or possibly take a look at mine
and offer suggestions?

3) Is there a Mac PrinterDialog module (since I would have to
replace mine with something that works on a Mac)?

Thanks Much!