Delivering dynamic content using cgi module

Shichang Zhao shichang at icubed.com
Thu Mar 9 11:33:37 EST 2000

As far as I rember: "Netscape Kiva Application documentation says: it
support STREAMING.". To me, it means that a single HTTP request may deliver
multipart/mixed documents onto a Browser. Looks like I am wrong.

(maybe, someday, big brothers decide to make their browsers streaming
capable:-)

In article <38C7CEDE.E3233A86 at bellatlantic.net>,
Steve Holden  <sholden at BellAtlantic.net> wrote:
>Niels Diepeveen wrote:
>>
>> Steve Holden schreef:
			.
			.
			.
>> > things I am not considering here).  Normally a single document
>> > will have a single Content-Type.
>>
>> That's what I would think too, but just for a laugh, I looked it up. The
>> HTTP 1.1 specification says:
>>    In general, an HTTP user agent SHOULD follow the same or similar
>>    behavior as a MIME user agent would upon receipt of a multipart type.
>>    If an application receives an unrecognized multipart subtype, the
>>    application MUST treat it as being equivalent to "multipart/mixed".
>>
>> I can't remember seeing anyone use this though. I wonder if browsers
>> generally implement it.
Netscape's the only one I know.  Well, lynx can
be configured to do something, but arguably not
the right thing.

I have it at the level of rumor that Internet
Exploder will never respect multipart/mixed.
			.
			.
			.
>Eek!  Note, though, that the usual action of a user agent is to offer
>the embedded content as icons rather than to render them inline.  It
>would be difficult, though not impossible I suppose, to have multipart
>content with dribs of HTML around graphics, but then there would be no
>way of supplying the correct attributes to render the graphic.
			.
			.
			.
<URL:http://www.sunworld.com/sunworldonline/swol-02-2000/swol-02-regex_2