Grant vs. BOFH (was Re: Sending email from Win95 Outlook)

Grant Edwards grant at nowhere.
Fri Mar 10 15:43:47 EST 2000

In article <8abm23$5go$1 at nntp6.atl.mindspring.net>, Aahz Maruch wrote:

>>Both of which will probably also accept mail via SMTP.  I'd try
>>SMTP first.  If you don't have access to an SMTP server but do
>>have access to Exchange Server, then you can use the COM/MAPI
>>stuff.
>
>So how *is* your campaign to beat the Evil NT BOFH?

It's a standoff at the moment.

I've got a python program running on a Win95 machine in the
corner that grabs my mail via MAPI and forwards it using smtp
to my Linux machine.  Outgoing is via Exchange server's SMTP
(wth authentication).

The python program crashes every few days, and I restart it.
Not the best arrangement, but it works well enough that I
haven't pursued any other solution.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  All of life is a blur
                                  at               of Republicans and meat!