Stackless/microthreads merge news

Konrad Hinsen hinsen at cnrs-orleans.fr
Tue Mar 14 08:11:30 EST 2000

wware at world.std.com (Will Ware) writes:

> machine. This would start to address some of the things Konrad is
> looking for, except for the part about filling his Fortran code with
> context switches.

Just to prevent any misunderstandings (I don't want to get the
reputation of a Fortran addict): I do not write any Fortran code, I
just use canned libraries.

Back to the topic: I can imagine a couple of nice applications for
what you are suggesting, if it is indeed possible to transfer threads
between processors. And I can also imagine applications that would be
easier to develop using massive threading - provided that it is somehow
possible to use multiple processors.
Konrad Hinsen                            | E-Mail: hinsen at cnrs-orleans.fr