MD5 Passwords and the Python MD5 module

Michael Hudson mwh21 at cam.ac.uk
Thu Mar 30 04:50:37 EST 2000

cephas_tpg at my-deja.com writes:
> Before anybody asks, i have read all the man
> pages and other doc's i could find, but so far
> have found nothing that gives me the exact
> definition of the format of the password entries
> in /etc/shadow.

1) Surely the point is that you don't need to know; I thought one of
   the points of PAM was that you didn't need to know the underlying
   details.
2) The source for the md5-hash generating password module is surely
   knocking around somewhere.

Cheers,
M.

--
well, take it from an old hand: the only reason it would be easier
to program in C is that you can't easily express complex  problems