Stackless/microthreads merge news

Brent Fulgham brent.fulgham at xpsystems.com
Fri Mar 10 16:19:17 EST 2000

I've now visited and read the information on both Stackless
Python and Microthreads, and I must say they both seem like
excellent features.

Has any thought been given to making the generic Python
use the Stackless implementation?  It seems that if the
stackless implementation is binary-compatible with "regular"
Python, there shouldn't be too much of a problem.  But
are there other issues I haven't seen addressed in this
forum?

At any rate, both of these projects seem to have produced
some excellent tools.  I look forward to playing with the
microthread implementation in particular. :-)

Thanks,

-Brent