Python and Wavelets

Brian Kelley kelley at bioreason.com
Wed Mar 29 12:01:11 EST 2000

Ralf Muschall wrote:

> Richard P. Muller wrote:
>
> > I am thinking of putting together a python module to handle wavelets. I
>
> This would be nice, expecially if it would be a module that somehow
> works with NumPy objects (people who want wavelets will probably
> have installed NumPy anyway).
>
> Ralf

There are some good starting points so you might not have to reinvent the
wheel.  One of the best (and free) packages that I have used is called
WaveLib from INRIA which is a C library for doing wavelet transforms.
Unfortunately, you have to e-mail them to get permission and the location of
the source code! (bourges at int-evry.fr)

A comprehensize but slightly outdated list of wavelet packages is available
here: http://www.eee.metu.edu.tr/~ngencer/amara.htm

Good luck!
--
Brian Kelley          (505) 982-7884 ext 207
Bioreason, Inc        kelley at bioreason.com
105 Washington #303, Santa Fe NM, 87501