Python advocacy

Martijn Faassen m.faassen at vet.uu.nl
Sat Mar 4 17:47:59 EST 2000

Bijan Parsia <bparsia at email.unc.edu> wrote:
[snip]
>         "Python merges many of Smalltalk's ideas with a syntax that is
>         more likely to appeal to C, C++ and Java programmers".
> I rather suspect it appeals more to Pascal and Modula-2 programmers :)
> And poor Dylan, which sold it's soul to mixfix only to be doomed to
> obscurity, in the general world, and scorn from its progeniters.

I don't know -- I always preferred C and C++ to Pascal (and Object Pascal
in Delphi). I don't know Modula-2 or Dylan and only have passing familiarity
with Java (the syntax's like C++ anyway). And I like Python's syntax a lot.

That's just a single case in point, I may be just weird. :)

No-I-*am*-just-weird-ly yours,

Martijn