Weird database question: SQL or what??

Boudewijn Rempt boud at rempt.xs4all.nl
Mon Mar 20 14:17:55 EST 2000

Paul Winkler <slinkp23 at yahoo.com> wrote:

<...>

With that small a set of data, I'd be tempted to start out with simple
text files, perhaps structured as xml or something, and keep those
files synchronized with timestamps for every record.  Keep it simple,
and convert your data to something more complicated when the need arises.
Of course, everything you want _can_ be done with Python and an SQL
database, but if you want all those features, it's going to be quite a
job - I mean, there's a reason Lotus Notes is so big and expensive...

--

Boudewijn Rempt  | http://www.valdyas.org