Tkinter 1.5.2 on windows

jide2time at my-deja.com jide2time at my-deja.com
Tue Mar 21 11:18:17 EST 2000

I downloaded and installed the Python 1.5.2 distribution for PCs from
www.python.org - I installed one PC and it worked fine. I installed it
on another, and I can't get Tkinter to work -

It fails in _tkinter.create(*,*,*), and claims that it could not find a
usable init.tcl anywhere, despite the fact that there blatantly is one
in the one of the directories that it claims to have searched...

Help !

(P.S. I tried setting the TCL_LIBRARY and TK_LIBRARY environment
symbols in autoexec.bat ...
set TCL_LIBRARY=C:\blahblah
set TK_LIBRARY=C:\blahblah
This did not work, and besides, I didn't need to do this on the first
PC, which I have had to give to someone else...)

Cheers,

Tim E

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.