Python -> Win32 EXE

Gordon McMillan gmcm at hypernet.com
Thu Mar 9 23:29:45 EST 2000

A[r]TA wrote:

> > not really -- but what you really want is the "installer"
> > from the nice people at McMillan Enterprises, Inc:
> >
> > http://www.mcmillan-inc.com/install1.html
> >

> The program gives a message:
> Can't find DLL's, copy them to the right dir?
>
> Can somebody help me? I just trie to compile something with simple.py and it
> doesn't work!

The message most likely to match your vague description is
produced when the installer can't figure out what your system
directory is (because you don't have the Win32 extensions
installed). In that case, before starting installer, do

c:\>PATH=%PATH%;C:\Windows\System

or whatever your system directory is.

- Gordon