Splitting comp.lang.python

John Farrell jfarrell at mincom.com
Sun Mar 5 21:02:12 EST 2000

Cameron Laird wrote:
> In article <38BF1E16.7AD5FE93 at mincom.com>,
> John Farrell  <jfarrell at mincom.com> wrote:
> >I would also like to see a newsgroup for people who are working on the
> >Python implementation, but I can't think of a good name for it.
> "[T]he Python implementation"?!?  My rough extrapolations lead
> me to conclude that somewhere near the year 2037 there'll be
> more Python implmentations than there are Python programmers
> <URL:http://starbase.neosoft.com/~claird/comp.lang.python/python_varieties.html>

Except that some of the Unix ones will break due to the Unix Y2K+37 bug,
and it might take till 2039 to get the numbers back up :-).

John
--
Dr John Farrell - Research Architect - Mincom Limited

I don't suffer from stress.  I am a carrier.
information. If you have received this transmission in error, please delete
it and notify the sender. The contents of this E-mail are the opinion of the
writer only and are not endorsed by Mincom Limited unless expressly stated
otherwise.