Sharing XMLRPC w/ my neighbors

Fredrik Lundh effbot at telia.com
Sun Mar 12 08:59:19 EST 2000

Doug Stanfield <DOUGS at oceanic.com> wrote:
> There exists this group of folks who work in ways completely foreign to
me.
> They're known as the IS department and stoke an AS400 with something
called
> RPG-II to do billing <wink>.  It would be very useful if they could use
one
> of my interfaces, but I don't know how to tell them what to do.  They want
> to hear something on the order of "Open a socket..." and I jumped at using
> the xmlrpclib precisely to hide those mungy details.

maybe they can run Java on their boxes?  several
Java client libraries are available from:

    http://www.xmlrpc.com/

(alternatively, if RPG-II supports XML and HTTP in some
way, it shouldn't be that hard to implement a small portion
of the XML-RPC spec.  you'll find the specification on the
above site as well).

</F>