Scope issues when embedding/extending

lss at excosoft.se lss at excosoft.se
Mon Mar 20 14:00:50 EST 2000

I am trying to embed Python scripting in a C++ application in a way so
that the script interpreter has direct access to object instances and
variables in the host application. Is this possible by combining
Python's extension and embedding mechanisms, or will the embedded
interpreter not be able to access instances native to the host
application? How do I avoid creating a new object instance in the
interpreter, but rather reference an already existing one in the host
application? Does Python support this form of integration natively or do
I have to go via COM or some other protocol? Suggestions and/or sample
code would be appreciated.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.