pythonpath

Jim Richardson warlock at eskimo.com
Thu Mar 9 00:03:23 EST 2000

On Mon, 06 Mar 2000 14:56:01 +0000,
 Renier Leenders, in the persona of <leenders at quicknet.nl>,
 brought forth the following words...:

>I am using Python 1.5.2 and Redhat 6.0. I am a newbie to Python and I
>want to adjust the PYTHONPATH. Where can I find such a thing?

Start up an Xterm, and type

echo $PYTHONPATH

anything it prints out, is the value of PYTHONPATH

It's probably blank. To change it (or set it) Type

export PYTHONPATH=/where/ever/you_want/to/point_to

it's easy. This assumes that you are using Bash as the shell,
which is probably a safe assumption as that is the default for
RH.

--
Jim Richardson
	Anarchist, pagan and proud of it