Self Nanny

Michael Hudson mwh21 at cam.ac.uk
Mon Mar 6 12:03:19 EST 2000

Gaetan Corneau <corg at copernic.com> writes:

> Would programmers who have a background in a language other than C++ really
> miss "self" in the method declarations?

As I understand it, it's not there to make your life easier (or
harder), it's there because Python doesn't have declarations.

I tried to explain this in this article:

http://x37.deja.com/getdoc.xp?AN=588006439

and another that doesn't seem to be on deja...

Cheers,
M.

--
very few people approach me in real life and insist on proving they are
drooling idiots.                         -- Erik Naggum, comp.lang.lisp