Python 1.6 and Python 3000's new features?

Fredrik Lundh effbot at telia.com
Wed Mar 8 13:39:46 EST 2000

Shichang Zhao <shichang at icubed.com> wrote:
> Could someone point me where I can find Python 3000 new feature list?

nope.  it's not designed yet.  for some ideas that might
end up in Py3K, skip over to www.python.org and read
Guido's presentation at the houston conference:

also read Guido's paper on CP4E:

    http://www.python.org/doc/essays/cp4e.html

when you've done that, I can assure you that your
guess is as good as mine (not as good as Guido's, of
course, but he's got a time machine ;-)

for the time being, I think everyone is better off if
they think of "Python 3000" as a phrase used by
Python developers when they really mean "what
if we wouldn't have to care so much about back-
wards compatibility"...

or maybe "once we find some spare time"

(heck, I don't think anyone knows exactly what
1.6 will contain yet, and there will most likely be
a 1.7 after that ;-)

</F>