Purify & Python - problems

Randall Hopper aa8vb at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 29 16:52:45 EST 2000

Jeff Senn:
 |Randall Hopper <aa8vb at yahoo.com> writes:
 |>    > python
 |>    Segmentation fault (core dumped)
 |>
 |> It fails right away, core dumping while doing a legitimate sprintf.
 |> Anyone hit this before?
 |> ABR: Array bounds read:
 |
 |Since it is a *read* that is failing it probably has nothing to do
 |with the sprintf -- you've probably managed to have DATE or TIME
 |#defined to something other than a (pointer to a) null-terminated
 |readable string when you compiled modules/getbuildinfo.c....

Given what I'd tried beforehand, I was pretty sure it wasn't a value
problem.  Inserting dummy printfs before the sprintf would core dump it
as well.  It looked like a dynamic linking problem.

Turns out that purify doesn't want to work on IRIX o32 binaries anymore
(been a while since I'd used it on IRIX).  It appeared to purify the exec
with no problems, but the simplest "hello world" program produces similar
purify output when compiled o32.  Switch hello-world to n32, and it works.

Thanks,

--
Randall Hopper
aa8vb at yahoo.com