Problems with python in asp

anderbj at my-deja.com anderbj at my-deja.com
Tue Mar 7 04:27:23 EST 2000

Hi

Maybe this is very trivial, but I hope you folks can give me a hand anyway.
I'm trying to use python with asp and run this code on IIS 4.0
The installation and configuration of IIS with the python script engine is
correct and works fine.
That is I can run .py files and some .asp files containing python.

Finally here's the prob.

<%@ LANGUAGE = Python %>
<%

import string

%>

<%
category = Request.QueryString("cat")
if category == "mainmenu":  #Line 10
%>
 <TITLE><%= category %></TITLE>
<%
else:
%>
 <TITLE><%= category %></TITLE>

The variable category contains the parameter (I've used the win32traceutil
to confirm that).
This code generates the errormsg below. I've tried several different ways to
cope with this prob, and two problems keep coming up:
I can't check if category equals "somestring" and there is problems with the
if condition.
Hope you guys have a solution for this

Thanks in advance
Björn

##Errormsg
Python ActiveX Scripting Engine error '80020009'

invalid syntax

/SCRIPTS/di.asp, line 10

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.