newbie needs select-files tool

bill slaybaugh slay3241 at bright.net
Thu Jun 15 14:15:25 EDT 2000

I've written a few workable python tools to assist my file and project
management.  I work with multiple app's and projects using InstallShield
to set up installations.  What with the repetition of numerous
InstallShield
projects, I wrote several python scripts which "automate" pulling files
off
the network, build InstallShield projects, and copy media-output to a
unique
location where a CD gets burned.
I would like to add a GUI to the front of this.  But, short of
reinventing the
wheel, I haven't found a toolset comparable to VB's DRIVE and DIRECTORY
list box.
I've played with examples under Tkinter and PMW, but I don't see a very
direct
route to this sort of listbox.
Any suggestions?