Python Productivity over C++

Mike Fletcher mfletch at tpresence.com
Fri Jun 9 09:04:34 EDT 2000

Just a minor note, having spent all of last night (unsuccessfully) trying to
track down a memory leak.  Yes, memory leak tools would be nice to have in
Python.  Hidden memory leaks (cycles) are rare, but when they happen in a
complex project they are often a nightmare to track down.  An optional
garbage collector with a debug mode saying "hey, I found a cycle that wasn't
cleaned up, the objects were: object types, object cycle description" would
be really cool.  Yes, I'd probably remove it for the final proggy, but as a
development tool it would be very, very, useful, and is currently (to my
memory), not available.

0.02
Mike(y)