Using python with Corba

Duncan Grisby dgrisby at uk.research.att.com
Fri Jun 9 06:19:24 EDT 2000

In article <39410efe.18494828 at nntp.interaccess.com>,
 Thaddeus L. Olczyk <olczyk at interaccess.com> wrote:

>>> Anyone know TAO can be used in Python ?
>>
>>Don't think so. But a Python ORB can interoperate with TAO.

>They are supposed to but (sigh ) most orbs have many parts of the
>standard unimplemented yet. Do you know if Fnorv,ILU, OmniORb
>or ORBit (didn't know ORbit supported python) can interoperate with
>TAO?

omniORB can definitely interoperate with TAO. I am not aware of any
problems at all. ORB interoperability is now at the stage that there
are very few difficulties between ORBs, and those that remain are
obscure cases which are unlikely to crop up in real systems. I don't
imagine you'll encounter any problems with any of the Python ORBs.

Cheers,

Duncan (author of omniORBpy).