More control on screen output and input

Grant Edwards ge at nowhere.none
Thu Jun 22 15:21:22 EDT 2000

In article <DZs45.19$zP.21280 at news1.onlynews.com>, Jeremy Honl wrote:

>Is there some better way to control output to the screen than the print
>command, such as putting in cordinates where the text should be printed?
>How about the same for input?

There are two modules that provide that sort of thing:

  curses (uses curses)
  snack  (uses newt/slang)

I think you can find the curses module in the usual places
(www.python.org).

The docs for snack/newt are pretty skimpy.  It comes with RH,
and there are some example programs in the newt distribution.
I don't know if it's current, but you can get version 0.50 it
from my ftp site:

  ftp://ftp.visi.com/users/grante/stuff/newt-0.50.tar.gz

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  Yow!! "Janitor
                                  at               trapped in sewer uses ESP