Constants and Enums

C. Porter Bassett porter at et.byu.edu
Thu Jun 29 14:37:10 EDT 2000

I am sure that this topic has been beat to death, but I can't seem to find
the answer to my question.  I am used to programming in C/C++, and using
many enums and #define ed constants.  In the absense of these, I have
resorted to using tons of global variables, which makes me
uncomfortable.  I know that the general concensus is to use dictionaries
for all this, but I can't figure out how a dictionary would be usefule to
use in place of an enum.  I am trying to think in a more python way, but I
need a little nudging to get my brain to go that way.

C. Porter Bassett     porter at et.byu.edu   http://www.et.byu.edu/~porter