Damnation! (was: Re: Python3k extended grammar)

Phil Fraering pgf at globalreach.net
Sat Jun 10 02:52:53 EDT 2000

Courageous <jkraska1 at san.rr.com> writes:

> I appreciate what you're trying to say, but if Python ever
> becomes a mainstream programming language, I can guarantee
> you that it will outgrow Guido.

I'm new to Python, but I was under the impression that

a) It was a mainstream programming language, and

b) That the language has a consistent core managed by one
person with a clear vision is an asset; the language doesn't
have to be huge (in grammar and vocabulary) to be useful.

While I am scared about such things as an all-uppercase future,
it's just one of the risks we have to take.

--
Phil Fraering         "One day, Pinky, A MOUSE shall rule, and it is the
pgf at globalreach.net    humans who will be forced to endure these humiliating